Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Wedding!


It is finally official!  50% of all of my craft supplies are legally John’s, whether he likes it or not J We got married November 21st, 2014 and we are both loving it! It’s so great to be with my best friend every day. In my opinion, life is more meaningful with a kind, loving companion. And I wouldn’t want to experience it with anyone but John.

After the sealing, we had family and couple pictures taken outside of the temple and all around the grounds. Brent and Sarah (My brother and his wife) did an excellent job with the photography and even busted their buns to get the pictures developed at Costco in time to display some of them at the reception. And Christa made our super cute wedding video! She also woke up super early to come to my “hair appointment” with me.

I was so pleased with the weather. I’m not sure what the exact temperature was. Coming out of the temple that morning, though, I felt fine without a jacket or coat (however I think other people were somewhat chilly). It was sunny, with no rain or snow and I don’t recall any wind. We were so glad!!

After we changed and walked to our cars, Christa realized she had left her car keys with Nate, so she rode with John and me to Olive Garden for the luncheon (which she was so embarrassed about, but John and I loved having her with us). We got to the luncheon and it was so great to see everyone that we love all gathered in one room waiting patiently for us. And the food was incredible! John and I were so very hungry (his stomach was growling all through the ceremony because he hadn’t eaten anything that morning). We sat next to Lynda and Bob, who were the ones that provided the luncheon. Thank you so much, Lynda and Bob!

Then we immediately went over to the reception center and started setting up. Everyone was so very helpful! It was beautiful! Nate and Christa made the pork sliders, Mom and Simon did the salad and fruit, and Britney made the incredibly delicious gourmet cupcakes (that everyone can’t stop talking about).

It was so great to have Kinne and Jim come up from South Africa to spend our special day with us! Also, Leda came from California! She has been helping Tristan and his parents as he continues to receive treatments for leukemia. Some people have been asking what the orange ribbon represents that John was wearing at the reception- it represents leukemia awareness. We continue to pray for Tristan and ask that you all to do the same. John has told me so much about Tristan, I feel like I know him so well already! He sounds like an awesome kid. I can’t wait to meet him. We missed Brittany, Alexis, Michael, and Charlotte. We know that if circumstances had permitted, you would have been there J

John and I left with a sparklers farewell and went to Park City for a couple of nights. It was great to relax! It was really snowy up there so driving was a little scary, but as soon as we re-entered Salt Lake on Sunday the snow was gone.

We have been moving my stuff up to John’s from my place ever since then. Monday we rented a U-Haul and Christa, Nate, Jack, and Erika were nice enough to come help us.  We still don’t have EVERYTHING out. Thank you, Mom (She has been cleaning my apartment for us).

We are excited to go up to Idaho Wednesday night to spend Thanksgiving with Lynda, Bob and Dorothy (and other family members. Not sure exactly who will be there)!

Thank you to: Brent and Sarah, Christa and Nate, Britney, Charity and Kelly, Erika and Savannah, Brad, Luke, Noah, and Jack (he moved my calendar for me), Lynda and Bob, Emily, Holly, and Kathy, Mom and Simon, Tawnya and the McFarlands, Debbie, Gordon, Carol, Steve, Simon’s niece,  and anyone else I failed to mention!

To those of you who came and those who weren’t able to: Your support, words of love, and kind gestures mean the world to us! Thank you!























No comments:

Post a Comment