Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Friday, November 7, 2014

Wedding Announcements!!


 
Here's our official wedding announcement! Isn't it awesome?! The photographs were taken by Brent and Sarah Hatch (my brother and sister-in-law). They spent hours photographing us and then many more hours editing the pictures and designing the actual announcements. Thank you Brent and Sarah!!! Their photography blog is hatchphotography.blogspt.com.

 People have been wondering why it took us so long to get these babies sent out. Well, long story, here it is-

They were supposed to arrive October 31st so we could prepare them and have them ready to pass out at my bridal shower the next morning. Well, they didn't arrive. So Saturday afternoon I called the printers. They informed me that they had put our order in the wrong bin. He assured me that he would get them sent out that day and that our order would arrive at my apartment by the next Wednesday.

Well the next Wednesday rolled around, and much to my disappointment, I noticed they hadn't arrived when I got home. I checked my email and noticed a message from a random person in L.A. She said that the printouts arrived at her place of employment and that she noticed our wedding date was soon approaching, so instead of sending them back to "Overnight Prints" she wanted to mail them directly to us. Super sweet lady! Apparently she got my email by calling Ivy House (their info was on the announcement). I'm super grateful she went through all of that trouble!

John called Overnight Prints and was very assertive :) He let them know that we would need the announcements by the next day. They agreed to re-print them and pay for overnight shippinig (which was A LOT). So we received the package of announcements the very next day (Thursday), like Overnight Shipping promised. We stuffed the envelopes, made the labels and applied them. Took a while but it was fun doing it together (thanks to those of you who offered to help- I think there just would have been a bit too many cooks in the kitchen :) And my apartment is messy :)

John was a dear and took ALL of the announcements to the post office this morning (Friday) and put stamps on EVERY SINGLE ONE. Apparently is was not very fun.

So long story, short, you all should be getting your invites within the next few days! Hopefully the mailman doesn't go on strike! ( I talked to a lady the other day who, after sending out her wedding invites, had to deal with the mailmen going on strike. It was not a pleasant experience for her, to say the least).

Also thank you to Emily who dropped everything and came over Tuesday night. She picked up my ink cartridge, took it into Costco, waited there for it to get filled and then brought it over to my place by the time I got home. We spent hours cutting out inserts. But it was actually pretty fun :)

Side note: I was handing some announcements out to some people today that I'm pretty well acquainted with but they don't know John; every single one of them took one look at the announcement and said: " Now, how in the world do you pronounce your new last name?!" Never been asked that before. "Hatch" is pretty self explanatory...

2 comments: