February 14, 2015
For Valentine's, John and I went to Red Iguana (the best Mexican food in SLC). Well, we actually went the night before, to avoid a crowd, but we ended up waiting an hour (passing the time with the Trivia Crack app). It was worth it though. The food there is incredible!! Valentine's night we went to Smash Burger. Love their burgers and fries!
Had to share this- This is John's gift to me. We named her "Maple." She is our "Pre-Dog." We both love dogs, but sadly I'm allergic, so hopefully this cute thing will motivate us to just go for it and buy one. We're thinking of some kind of "hypoallergenic" breed. We don't know though. We'll see...This is part of my gift to John. I know- very creative, right? This is the result of many hours logged away on Pinterest. Not much to show for it, I know. ha!
This cute dog is not my doing. This is actually a Valentine's box that my patient's mom made for her for her school V-day party. I LOVED making boxes for Valentine's day in elementary school so I had to post this one.
February 21, 2015
On the February 21, Mom and Simon had us over for a Chinese New Year celebration. The Chinese food that Simon made was excellent, but I think the Dick's doughnuts that John and I brought were the hit of the party! Kelly had us play a game to see who could eat the most marshmallows with chopsticks the fastest. These get together's are a lot more fun with John! We played basketball with all of the kids, out in the cold! So fun!
They really are having fun, despite the facial expressions...or the lack thereof.
Look at that cheese ball!
Cute Kelly made John and me a panda drawing. She was very into the theme.
Kelly is looking so much like Christa these days!
March 3, 2015
We made the trip up to Kaysville and went to Luke and Brad's basketball game. They won by a lot! And most of their players are even shorter than the boys on the other team! They did great. Nate is their coach. We love going to their games.
The other coach was super negative (saying stuff like "Your passes are horrible!" to the boys on his team). So sad.
Erika loves her sister.
Then Mom, Christa and I made jam at their house (Christa's idea) with all of our strawberries we've been getting for such a good price. It was way fun. I asked Erika if she would mash my strawberries up for me (just kidding of course) and she said yes! And mashed them for like a half hour! What a cutie.
The kids and John watched Big Hero 6 while we "jammed." John was laughing through the whole thing.
We gave Luke his late birthday present of Lego's and Charity her early birthday present since we are going to be gone on our cruise over her birthday. They both loved them.
Then we went to Charity's basketball game. Nate is unable to attend the games (although he is the official coach) so he asked John to coach this game. The usual sub was told he could have the night off. John did a great job! He's always up for anything.
Awesome post!
ReplyDelete